Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Counting my eggs AND chicks ;)

     So I got up and started looking at fertile eggs from hatcheries.  Oh my gosh!!  They actually cost MORE than ordering live chicks!  I went to MyPetChicken.com and put 7 eggs in my cart.  The cost of those eggs were $42.  I worked on it and thought, yeah, I could do this for the breeds I really wanted.  Then the shipping and handling came up and it was $39!!  There is NO way I'm paying $12 an egg for eggs that are NOT guaranteed in way!  Craigslist here I come!  I found Black Copper Maran eggs, 19 miles from my house for $2 an egg!  Oh yeah!!  Maggie, Kay and Bug loaded up in the van and we headed out.
     I got back and THEN started reading the incubator instructions.  LOL  I was sad that it had to run for several hours to stabilize before I could put my eggs in.  :(  Well I set it up and plugged it in.  I was going to the Atlanta temple for Branch Temple Night.  This was a fabulous way to distract me from the time going by until I could put in the eggs.  <3  I spent the evening with Cindy, Luke and Mandi.
     When I got home at 11:00 I didn't even take my shoes off!!  I checked the incubator and it was running just fine.  I put in the 6 Black Copper Maran eggs and my one Easter Egger egg.  It was amazing to look at it and know that in just 3 weeks little chicks should be pipping out!
     Then it was time to get settled down.  I was on the phone with my dad.  He wanted to know if I would be interested in admin'ing his facebook page for his mystery business.  I told him I would probably be able to do THAT!  LOL  Now I had to get Bug and Maggie to settle down and go to sleep, so I could do the same!  It was a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment