Thursday, February 28, 2013

6588 days!!!

     Well today was another momentous occasion.  Aaron I have been married for 17 years!  (Sorta...our wedding date is actually 2/29/96).  We did not get to spend it together, but my heart is with him no matter he is.  I can't believe I have loved him every day for over 18 years!!  That's 6588 days!!!
     I started today off by getting up early and taking Oreo to get spayed.  According to my iPad AND my iPhone I went to the correct location, well the humane society was NOT there.  Finally found it over by the stake center.  :p  Maggie cried so hard when we dropped her kitty off.  It was very sad to watch her.  We stopped and I got the girls a donut from Dunkin' Donuts.  We filled up with gas and headed home.
     I got the rest of the kids out and we headed out to work on the fence.  We actually made a good dent in it.  Alley chose to work in the house after she felt how cold it was outside.  It really wasn't cold unless the wind was blowing, which it pretty much did non-stop. We got a good size section of the wire put up for the fence.  I'm hoping to have it done in the next couple of days.  We can work on it tomorrow, but Saturday I have to take the kids to help my mom move.  Saturday evening is adult session of stake conference, with regular session from 10-12 on Sunday morning.
     Zane came over for a visit.  While he was over Luke texted me to see if he could come over and get some wood since the temp is dropping tonight.  I sent Zack out to the woods with a chainsaw, with Zane for support.  When they finished cutting they headed to Zane's to pick up his 4 hens and a rooster.  His family said no more chickens.  :(
     While they were gone Kay, Maggie, Bug and I worked on flipping my chicken coop.  The way I have it set now it has much more room for the birds.  Our temps are supposed to get down to 33 degrees tonight.  Kay gave fresh hay to the pigs and goats to snuggle down in.  While we were outside getting the animals taken care of, Alley put the spaghetti on to cook.  I had homemade marinara sauce cooking in the crock pot for several hours.
     Aaron called before he was going to sleep to talk to me.  I love him so much!  Sometimes it still feels just like it did when it was brand new.  Those times when you are realizing you DO love him and your heart wants to burst with happiness.  I still get that!  I don't know what would happen if I looked at him, or thought about him and didn't get that heart tickle.
     I've been reading a very interesting book on my iPad.  It's The Forgotten Skills of Self-Sufficiency Used by the Mormon Pioneers.  It makes me think about what life was like back then; how people got married and STAYED married.  Commitment was not a phobia it was a way of life.  You were committed to your wife, family, home, and job.  During those times relationships mattered, your word was your bond!
     I see people everyday that have no desire to commit to anything.  Life has become as disposable as a SOLO cup.  Friends, family, work, houses are all so easily shed and it has become the norm.  My children were the odd kids out in elementary school.  They came home and asked when were they going to get a new mom and/or dad?  All their friends had step-parents, why didn't they?  How sad is it that they were picked on because their parents were STILL together??
     I'm not saying my marriage was all roses and rainbows.  There were several times in it that even I thought it was over.  The difference is that Aaron and I truly love each other.  With love you can work through the growing pains.  The end result was me trying to imagine waking up every morning without him.  I couldn't face that.  He made the choice that I was that important to him.  What our families thought, what our friends said became irrelevant.  It would have been EASY to just call it quits and be one more statistical American family; to be normal.  I've been called a lot of things in my life and "normal" is NOT one of them!  ;)  So I am now looking forward to the next 6500+ days and on into eternity with the love of my life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment