Last week I successfully built a PVC chicken tractor. Cindy-Loo said I could have her hens, and I wanted something to keep them safe in. I wanted something I could move around the goat pen by myself, if I needed too. My original design was using 2 x 4's. I needed it to be 100 sq ft to hold a maximum of 10 full size chickens. The wood design would be wayyyy to heavy for me to move, so it became PVC. Zackary and I made a couple of trips to Lowes. Alley came along a time or two. It actually took a few days to get it done and that frustrated me!
Well, the chickens seem to be happy and that's all that matters!! Happy chickens=many eggs!! I have been able to move it several times already by myself. We have 7 Rhode Island Red hens and 1 Silkie rooster ;)
I was also able to use the last piece of fencing and patch a hole in the goats' pen. It was nice to go out there in the morning and find them still inside and griping! LOL I love their little bleeting sounds <3
Today I was able to get some Fall Cleaning done. I scrubbed my back hall walls and floor. ANyone who has kids, dogs, and cats AND lives in red clay can see where this is going. My walls were orange from the floor up about 3 feet. The dogs loved when it rained and filled our little duck pond...unfortunately they did NOT like staying outside! Tail swishes and full body rubs along the walls, plus the kids that were chasing them and mid-wall collisions! However, God bless Magic Erasers!! My walls and floors are sparkling white and I did NOT have to repaint! ;) It is a good day in Georgia <3